Never boil corn again! Want to know the easiest way to cook corn on the cob? Throw it in the oven at 350° for 25-30 minutes. That’s it. Leave the husk on, it will trap in the moisture, leaving you with juicy, tender corn. It makes it sweeter too! The husk and silk will peel away easily once it’s cooked. Cut off the large end and it slides right out with no silk. Bonus – keeps more of the nutrients in the corn (no boiling is best).
- 1 pound white baking chocolate
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® green food color
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- Additional pistachios for garnish, if desired
How to make it
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over sides of pan.
- Spray with no stick cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar on low speed until well blended.
- Add melted chocolate, extracts and food color; mix well.
- Stir in chopped pistachios.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Garnish with additional pistachios, if desired.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Use foil to lift out of pan onto cutting board.
- Cut into 25 (1 1/2-inch) squares.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Substitute: One bag (12 ounces) white chocolate chips can be substituted for the white chocolate squares.
If you’ve only ever tried the store-bought batter kind, you’re in for a treat!
- 1 Stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Cups light brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- Cloves, ground
- Table Salt
- 1 Bottle Dark Rum
- Cinnamon Sticks for garnish (optional)
1. Cream butter, sugar, nutmeg and a pinch each of nutmeg and salt in a bowl. Let mixture refrigerate until it is almost firm before using.
2. Boil water. Meanwhile, place about 2 tablespoons of the mixture in coffee mugs. Top with 3 about 3 ounces of rum. Pour in boiling water and stir well to combine. Serve immediately.
I love this idea!