If you’ve only ever tried the store-bought batter kind, you’re in for a treat!
- 1 Stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Cups light brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- Cloves, ground
- Table Salt
- 1 Bottle Dark Rum
- Cinnamon Sticks for garnish (optional)
1. Cream butter, sugar, nutmeg and a pinch each of nutmeg and salt in a bowl. Let mixture refrigerate until it is almost firm before using.
2. Boil water. Meanwhile, place about 2 tablespoons of the mixture in coffee mugs. Top with 3 about 3 ounces of rum. Pour in boiling water and stir well to combine. Serve immediately.